FREE Weight Training Workouts
Try Our Fitness Software Routines
And Get Super Fast Gains In
Muscle Building and Fat Loss!
Enter your first name and a valid email address
for instant access to the free workout routines.
Vegetarian Fast Food Restaurant Guide
--by Sarah Bradham
Although this list does not contain specifically vegetarian and vegan restaurants, most have a good selection of vegetarian items. It is more difficult to get vegan items, but if
you ask the right questions you can usually come up with a full meal. If you are unsure as to how an item might be prepared, don't hesitate to ask. Many restaurants won't state in the menu that vegetables are sauteed in butter, or a chicken stock is used as a base in a vegetable soup. Often times items are presented as vegetarian and vegan when in fact they are not. Remember, most restaurants are ready and willing to accommodate your needs, so if you don't see something on the menu ask if it would be possible to make a special request.
There are many simple ways to maintain a healthy vegetarian diet for example with great vegetarian recipes
you can make the perfect meal yourself.
- Au Bon Pain:
- Vegetarians can choose from a wide variety of muffins, cookies, sandwiches and soups. Vegans are pretty much limited to bagels and fresh fruit.
- Bruegger's Bagels:
- Excellent sandwiches as well as numerous varieties of bagels. They make a wonderful humus that tastes great on a bagel with a little lettuce and tomato.
- California Pizza Kitchen:
- Wide selection of gourmet veggie pizzas. The crust, unfortunately, is not vegan.
- More choices for the vegetarian including: pancakes, cheese quesadillas and a wide variety of desserts. Vegans can find fresh fruit on the menu, but the meals always come with baked potatoes and vegetables which can be ordered separately.
- Domino's Pizza:
- Pizza is an easy item for vegetarians. Simply load up the pie with vegetables. Vegans can also indulge because Domino's has several crusts which are vegan.
- Little Caesar's:
- Offers a vegan crust.
- Vegetarians and Vegans alike will have no problem finding items on the salad bar/buffet. Most of their vegetables are prepared without butter.
- Individual chains have the option of carrying vegetarian and vegan fare. Currently the_ZO options for vegetarians including a veggie burger sandwich in many locations. Vegans beware - the sub rolls contain whey in some locations so make sure to ask for a list of ingredients.
- Taco Bell:
- Request to substitute the meat with beans and most everything on the menu becomes vegetarian. Vegans should stick to tostadas or hard tacos. Some of the chains use tortillas that contain whey.
- TGI Friday's:
- A great veggie burger for vegetarians (not vegan) and a wonderful steamed veggie platter.
- Restaurants with a superbar have many vegetarian items including pasta, beans, bread choices, fruit and vegetables. Their topped baked potatoes are also good vegetarian choices. Vegans will find items on the superbar, but ask how the food is prepared - it may
be prepared using animal products.
Click Here For Your Free Fitness Magazine